The reality of finding a job using the internet is pretty much the same philosophy as going door to door dropping off your resume, the more places you drop your resume off to the better your chances of getting some callbacks. The internet works the same way. The more online job boards you visit and upload your resume to the better your chances of getting your resume seen by employers or recruiters.
Job seekers fail to realize how big the internet world is and Monster.com isn’t the only avenue to locating your next job. There are tons of niche employment sites that are hungry to help internet users find work. Behind the scenes of some of these websites are recruiters who are actively looking for fresh resumes that they can refer to employers. The other thing that niche job boards offer is different tools to help you along your career search.
Looking for work right now for everyone out of a job or for people who are trying to get a better job is the most challenging it has been in years. The only way to be successful in your quest for a new career is you need to utilize and become familiar with many different kinds of job services. Please understand there are plenty of free employment help services on the internet that are available to you that you should consider using. Here is a list of a few of those services with a brief review of how they can help you. When looking for a job you want to learn as much as you can about any job search service that can help you get a job faster.
Job Search Services for Veterans
• Veterans.tweetmyjobs.com – connects employers with veterans using social media
• Nationalresourcedirectory.gov – excellent resource and job search site for veterans
Niche Job Search Services
• Instantjobfair.com – connects job openings with job seekers via text
• Careeronestop.org – helps job seekers evaluate their job and career choices
• Mynextmove.org – website that helps job seekers get on the right career path
• Myskillsmyfuture.org - identifies professions or jobs that utilize the skills you already have
• Jobon.com – apply for jobs utilizing video technology (Video resume)
If you want to gain an edge over your competition in the job market consider some of the sources above and see how they can improve your results.